What Evans has to offer!
Differentiated Learning Instructional Strategies
- Team Teaching
- Collaborative planning
- Hand-on active student participation
- Critical thinking/problem solving
- Cooperative learning
- Engaged learning
- Get Smart with Art: This is an opportunity to come into the classroom and present a painting and assist the students with an art project. Works well when two volunteers team up to present.
- Library Volunteer: This is an opportunity to work in the library and assist students with checking out books. In addition, library volunteers may read and discuss stories with students.
- Classroom Volunteer: Many of our teachers use parent volunteers in the classroom for reading groups, special projects, etc. This opportunity varies by grade and teacher.
- PTO: Volunteers are used in many ways by the PTO. Individuals can volunteer to chair an event or to assist a chair with an event. Volunteers are needed to work the book fairs, fall fun fair, class parties, field day, Santa’s Cottage, Earth Day planting, etc.
After School Programs
- Girls on the Run
- All Pro Dad
- Read, Right, Run
- Get Smart With Art
- Kids For Christ
- Brain Builders
- Bricks 4 Kidz
- 5th Grade Band (located at Carriel Jr. High before school)