Welcome to Kindergarten!
Click here to see our classroom Amazon Wish List.
Click here to sign up to read to the class.
- 10/8 – No School, Columbus Day
- 10/15 – Eye exams due to Nurse Erin
- 10/19 – End of 1st Quarter
- 10/22-10/28 – Red Ribbon Week
Wear blue on Mondays in October (October is Bully Prevention Month)
Wear red on Wednesdays for Mr. Daren
October Themes: Doreen Cronin Author Study (farm stories), Fall Harvest, Pumpkins, Bats, Spiders, Monsters
Sight Words: a, the, I, and, see
Word Families: -am, -at, -an
Chapter 2: Numbers to 10
- Count, identify, and write numbers to 10
- Compare numbers 0-10
- Use ordinal numbers to describe order of objects
- Check your child's folder daily!
- Send in one healthy snack daily (in order to avoid spills, no pudding, jello, yogurt, fruit cups, etc...or anything that needs a utensil). Please label your child's snack to avoid confusion.
- Due to allergies, we are a peanut free classroom!
- Return library books each Thursday.
- Tennis shoes must be worn on Tuesday's for gym class.
- If sending in birthday treats, notice must be given at least 24 hours in advance. No cupcakes or drinks please.
- Make sure your child's locker has an appropriate change of clothing.
- When sending in money, please place it in an envelope or bag labeled with your child's name and the purpose of the money