Committed to Excellence
The mission of O'Fallon School District #90 is to provide the highest quality educational program in a safe and positive learning environment through which all children become responsible, productive citizens and life-long learners, equipped to make intelligent choices today and tomorrow.
Our district consists of seven schools. Two Jr Highs and five Elementary Schools. Our enrollment for the 2016-17 school year was 3,515 students consisting of PreK to 8th grade. Please take a look at the report card section to find out more information about our district and schools.
District Origins and History
The first school building in O’Fallon was erected in 1861 on the site of the old Post Office. In 1901, the first building was constructed on what is now the site of the Marie Schaefer School complex. In 1911, another building was added which housed both the elementary grades and the high school. In 1920, the O’Fallon Township High School was formed, and from then on, there were two school districts with separate Boards of Education.
In 1925, a new high school was built on the same site, and in 1938, the gymnasium was added. The cafeteria was built on the same site in 1953. In 1957, enrollments had so increased that the O’Fallon Township High School District decided to erect a new building on South Smiley Street and sell the old buildings to the Elementary School District. In 1962, the practice of having one Superintendent over both the elementary and high school districts was discontinued. In 1965, the Estelle Kampmeyer Elementary School was opened; in 1972, the J.E. Hinchcliffe, Sr. Elementary School was opened; and in 1974, the LaVerna Evans Elementary School was opened. A 12-classroom addition to the Estelle Kampmeyer School was completed and opened in August 1988; the old South and East buildings of the Marie Schaefer complex were razed in 1992, and a new complex of classrooms, library, and offices were opened that same year. A nine-classroom addition to J.E. Hinchcliffe School was opened in August 1993. Edward A. Fulton Junior High was built in 1998 and opened in the spring of 1999. Delores Moye Elementary School was opened in 2003. Amelia V. Carriel Junior High was opened in 2009.
The O’Fallon Community Consolidated School District No. 90, O’Fallon, St. Clair County, Illinois, was legally established on April 9, 1949. It roughly encompasses the northeast quarter of Caseyville Township and all of O’Fallon Township, except that portion lying east of Silver Creek.