Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. from McKendree University M.A. from Lindenwood University Ed.S from Lindenwood University
Mr. Roger Williams
I have been teaching for over 20 years now, and more than twenty of those years have been right here at District 90. A graduate of OTHS, I am proud to be a part of this school system and to contribute to its continued success!
I currently teach 8th grade Honors ELA and 7th grade ELA. I also coach the cross country team and have been doing so for over 15 years.
Grades are comprised largely of homework assignments. Quizzes and tests are larger grades and will be announced, as will projects. While tests and projects will affect a grade, homework grades are numerous and affect the grade the most.
Expected classroom behaviors and consequences as outlined by the student handbook.
The Handouts Page is where assignments will be right now, but I will also have links to the Article of the Week on the Helpful Resources page for extraneous reading assignments and/or resources for projects as needed.
1st Period - Prep
2nd/3rd Periods - 8th Grade Honors ELA
4th Period - Advisory
5th/6th Periods - 8th Grade Honors ELA
7th/8th Periods - 7th Grade ELA
A - 90-100
B - 80-89
C - 70-79
D - 60-69
F - 59 and Below
8th Grade AOW Questions:
1) Identify one concept, research finding, theory or idea that you learned from reading this article. Explain briefly.
2) Why do you think this concept, research finding, theory or idea is important? Support with evidence from article.
3) Apply what you have learned from this article to some aspect of your life. ("It doesn't" is not acceptable)
4) What questions did the article raise for you? What are you still wondering about? ("Nothing" is an unacceptable answer.)
7th Grade AOW Questions:
1) What is the point of the article? What did you learn?
2) What new things did you learn? How will this affect you? (You may not say it has no effect to your life)
3) What questions would you ask if you could? Why? (You must list at least two questions, and why you want to know)